The important small print
TravelAid – 24/7 advice and support
Having read ‘TravelAid FAQs’, I (the travelling Customer) confirm my understanding of the following aspects of my subscription to TravelAid.
- I will ensure that I purchase suitable travel insurance to cover myself during all aspects of my travels.
- I will call my gap year provider or tour operator whilst in their care during any project, programme or other aspect of travel organised by them.
- I will only call TravelAid in relation to serious issues that may impact my own personal safety or security and understand that TravelAid is not a travel concierge service.
- The service is designed for myself as the traveller to call. However, I understand that;
- Backpacker – where necessary, my parents / emergency contacts may call TravelAid within UK office hours only (but not between 1700-0900).
- Backpacker+ only – where necessary, my parents / emergency contacts may call TravelAid at any time.
- Financial costs relating to safety and care during my travel.
- Backpacker – I understand that I am responsible for any financial costs relating to my accommodation, travel and medical treatment, some of which may be reclaimed through my travel insurance.
- Backpacker+ – I understand that TravelAid will only provide emergency payment support of up to £500.00 for urgent safe onward travel or accommodation in a life-threatening situation and if it is deemed by our security experts that this is necessary for my personal safety and if my parents / emergency contact is unable to do so. I understand that this advance payment is made in good faith on the understanding that I will claim costs back from my travel insurance and repay TravelAid once the claim is settled. TravelAid will request payment by invoice to me and my emergency contact in order to recover these costs.
- Subscription length and location of use
- Backpacker – I can only access TravelAid for the duration of my subscription starting from my booking confirmation date. Support is available while travelling abroad and not within my country of residence.
- Backpacker+ – I can only access TravelAid for the duration of my subscription starting from my booking confirmation date. Support is available while travelling abroad or from within my country of residence.
- I can change my mind and cancel my TravelAid subscription within 14 days and receive a full refund.
TravelSafe – gap year safety training course
By proceeding with this purchase, I confirm that I understand the following information in relation to my TravelAid training course booking:
- My TravelSafe training course booking is for one person only on the course date booked.
- The interactive training content will be delivered live by Zoom and I am responsible for ensuring that I have access to a computer capable of running this software and for testing my camera and microphone in advance.
- I will access the training by using the web link sent to me via email in advance.
- TravelSafe and TravelAid are not responsible for any problems that I have accessing the training due to problems with my computer.
- I will interact in a courteous and professional manner with fellow travellers and trainers during the course.
- It is not permitted to record the training session.
- I can change my mind or request to change my course date without charge within five days of the original course date by emailing email@example.com. I will not receive a refund for cancellation or change requests made within five days of the course date.
- If I do not attend a course, I will not receive a refund.
- If there are not sufficient people to make the course viable on the date I have booked, TravelAid reserves the right within three working days of the course to change my booking to another date. If this is not suitable for me, or a date change is made less than three days before the course, I will be provided a full refund.